Gale Nurseries has been designing and installing spectacular, award winning gardens for four generations and we have a proven process that starts with our initial client meeting and ends when the last flowers are planted. We specialize in the design of residential and estate master plans and intimate garden spaces. The following is a list of design and project management services that we offer which is custom tailored to each individual project:
- Our initial free design consultation meeting is an opportunity to get to know you and learn about your ideas for the landscape.
- Design typically begins with the culmination of base plan information derived from a number of sources. This information is combined in automated computer drafting software (ACAD) to produce a base plan which shows the existing opportunities and constraints of your property.
- Conceptual plans, elevations and perspective sketches are developed based on your criteria and typically show a variety of schematic options. After your review and input, these options are refined into a single set of working plans. Typically, a budget is formed during this phase.
- After conceptual plans have been narrowed down, a construction plan set is produced.
- In conjunction with the construction plan set, a line item installation proposal is produced showing the proposed cost of the project.
- Although planting and masonry work is done with our in-house staff, some projects require other specialized tradesmen such as electricians, plumbers, pool builders, timber framers, arborists, etc. Competitive bids can be requested and our project managers will help select and oversee the subcontractor’s work.
- After you have approved the final plan and estimate, work will commence and your designer will assume the role of a project manager, coordinating our landscape crews, masonry crews, and subcontractors to execute the plan as we have envisioned.